Questions to ask during the first meeting in an Arranged Marriage
Arrange marriage in India is a prominent way of getting married. India is widely known for its diversified culture and religion. However, when it comes to marriage in India, people here are still robust to the concept of Endogamy. Religion and caste play the most crucial role in fixing arrange marriages in India.
As opposed to yesteryears, where matches were made merely on the criteria of religion, the form of arranged marriage has evolved over time. The decision of marriage isn’t limited to elders of the family with youth having equal or more power over whom to marry.
Numerous matrimonial agencies in India could help you find your partner with whom you could connect with. Hobbies, interests, compatibility plays as important a role as a religion in marriages. People spend enough time together before making a decision to marry, even in arrange marriage.
- Advertisement -
Let’s guide you with questions to ask on your first arrange marriage meeting if you’re about to go on one.
- Ask questions regarding lifestyle.
- What are their usual weekend plans?
- How often do they go on a vacation in a year?
- What are their food habits?
- How important is a workout to them?
- Would they prefer watching movies or reading books?
- Would they mind staying away from their parents after marriage?
- Are they a believer in simple living or a luxurious lifestyle?
- Question relating to the profession.
- How important is their career to them?
- Do they think of making a career change?
- Would they prefer growth or stability?
- Do they think of giving their hobbies a shape of career?
- How important would be your career after marriage?
- Religious and cultural questions.
- What are their religious beliefs?
- Do they believe in God?
- How open are they to other religions?
- Do they have any friends from a religion other than theirs?
- Do they believe in the power of prayers?
4. Questions relating to the family.
- How important is family to them?
- What is their native place?
- Does their family have any great cultural significance?
- How many siblings they have?
- What is their relationship with each sibling?
- Are they married or do they have any children?
- Would the responsibility of accepting families lie entirely on you?
- How important would be the family of their partner be?