Table of Contents Hide
In today’s digital age, VoIP systems are becoming an increasingly popular communication method for businesses. A VoIP phone system is software which enables digital communication, and is an acronym for Voice over Internet Protocol. By 2025, the traditional landline switch-off will take place, making VoIP systems a great choice to switch to. Read our guide to find out more about what VoIP systems are, how they work and what benefits there are to switching to a VoIP phone system.
How Does a VoIP System Work?
A VoIP system is straightforward. When a call is made, your voice is converted into digital signals, instead of analogue like traditional landlines do, and is then sent to the receiver. VoIP calls are a great option as they can be used on various devices, such as mobile phones, tablets, desktops and more, and includes voice and video calling.
Setting up a VoIP phone system is affordable and hassle-free. All you need is a reliable internet connection, which includes a modem and router. Meaning VoIP systems allow calls to be made from anywhere, and no longer require businesses to have landline phones in place.
How Much Does a VoIP System Cost?
One of the greatest elements of a VoIP system is its affordability. Depending on which VoIP system provider you use, on average they are cheaper to run and install in comparison to traditional landlines.
- Advertisement -
For example, bOnline – one of the most reliable VoIP system providers in the UK – provides affordable VoIP products. bOnline, furthermore, operates with no hidden costs, enabling startups, growing businesses and other customers to install a VoIP system at a lower price than landlines. In addition, bOnline provides fairer and shorter contracts meaning those switching to a VoIP system can first try the technology without being locked into a long-term, expensive contract.
What Are the Benefits of a VoIP System?
If considering switching to a VoIP system, you may be wondering what benefits there are. VoIP systems have a range of advantages, such as how easy they are to use, install and run. Find out below some of the many advantages to a VoIP system by reading our list below.
- Affordability – VoIP systems are cheap to install and run. The monthly costs to run VoIP systems for all business sizes is more affordable than traditional landline contracts
- Productivity – As VoIP systems enable employees to receive and make calls from anywhere, it can increase productivity with the rise of hybrid and remote working. In addition, VoIP systems include easy-to-use applications, making work easier to do
- Flexibility – VoIP systems can enable small and growing business employees to work from home. VoIP systems enable flexibility over location, a great option in a post-pandemic world
- Easy to install – If you already have broadband, or even if you don’t, setting up and installing a VoIP system is straightforward and fast. Many VoIP providers, like bOnline, will cover the entire installation process for you – meaning you don’t have to wait around for engineers and other workers to get your VoIP installation done
- Friendly interface – With VoIP systems being online, they are often feature-rich and applications are accessible for all and easy to use
- Professionalism – VoIP systems integrate professional business elements. Such as, holding music, digital receptionists, call conferencing and lots more. A VoIP system can help startups and small businesses to build their brand and grow in customers
Evidently, there are many advantages to a VoIP phone system. Nonetheless, VoIP systems cannot operate well without reliable internet connections which is something to keep in mind if considering switching away from a landline.